I am an absolute salsa & chips fiend. If there are salsa & chips present chances are those salsa & chips are already in my mouth. I remember growing up I would polish off a whole jar of salsa with chips as an after school snack, I am not just saying a few times like this was a regular occurrence. Oh to have that metabolism still… To this day it is still one of my go to snacks. So I set out to create a Fresh Restaurant Style Salsa.
There are a lot of salsa recipes out there, but so many of them feature canned tomatoes. I am not saying that those salsas are bad, I would still eat it all but I wanted fresh. So I played with the different fresh ingredients until I found the perfect combination of a Fresh Restaurant Style Salsa.
Roma tomatoes, jalapeños, onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt, & a pinch of sugar are blended together in a food processor to make the perfect Fresh Restaurant Style Salsa.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- This salsa can definitely be personalized, add extra cilantro if you love that flavor, or extra jalapeños if you love it spicy.
- While the recipe calls for 1/2 teaspoon of salt, the actual amount you may use can vary greatly on your personal preference and what type of chips you are using (some will be a lot saltier than others). So start at 1/2 teaspoon and work your way up if you like it more salty.
- Don’t skip out on the sugar, it balances out the acidity.
- Looking for a food processor? This is the one I use:
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapeños
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro (or more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or up to 1 teaspoon to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 small onion (1/4 cup diced)
- Quarter cut the tomatoes. Half the jalapeños, for a spicier salsa leave the seed and white insides, for a mild salsa use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and white insides. Dice the onion.
- Add everything to a food processor. Processes about 30 seconds until smooth.
- Taste check, make sure salt, cilantro, and spice levels are good and adjust as necessary.
- Best served chilled.
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.