Ever since becoming a stay at home mom/food blogger Archie and I’s lunches have become quite interesting to say the least. Most days we are eating leftovers or the ever so easy and classic bacon & eggs, and then there is our favorite, quesadillas. We both love all sort of quesadillas, and I love how easy they always are to make. Our newest obsession in the world of quesadillas must be shared, Hummus Quesadillas with Feta and Vegetables.
Hummus Quesadillas with Feta and Vegetables is full of healthiness & goodness everyone wants in a quick lunch/snack.
- Hummus, especially homemade hummus is full of protein and fiber to keep you nice and full, making it an excellent vegetarian option
- Feta, mostly for deliciousness
- Carrots and Zucchini, two vegetables full of healthy vitamins such as carrots being packed full of Vitamin A and zucchini being full of Vitamin C
You can also feel free to add different/more veggies to your liking, although I wouldn’t recommend too many otherwise your quesadilla might get a little watery and seem under cooked if there are too many veggies. If you have the time and energy these quesadillas are super tasty if you take 3-4 minutes to grill up the veggies before putting them into the quesadilla, both ways are great.
For this recipe I always use my Easy Hummus recipe, mostly because Archie loves helping me make it. He gets out his little stool and throws the garlic cloves into the food processor and sprinkles in the cumin, it’s adorable. But if you don’t have an eager toddler to help you you can always use a fun flavored hummus or store bought hummus.
These Hummus Quesadillas with Feta and Vegetables are so full of healthy food and so easy to make its hard to figure out a reason not to make them!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Use these quesadillas as a chance to ‘meal prep’ your snacks, as you are making these cut up extra carrots and other veggies as well as make a little extra hummus, this means an easy ready to go snack!
- Feel free to play with the variations of this, I have a feeling these would be phenomenal with roasted red pepper hummus
- Be sure to use a nonstick skillet and DO NOT oil your pan, if you don’t have a nonstick skillet yet, trust me they are the best and well worth the buy. I have Rachel Ray’s cookware set that I use and I simply love them, you can buy them as a set or pans on their own:
- 3-4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Easy Hummus or store bought
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 medium zucchini, or 1 small zucchini
- Feta Cheese for sprinkling
- Cut the carrots and zucchini into thinly sliced matchsticks, about 2 inches or so in length.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spread about 1/4 cup hummus, more or less to your liking onto one of the tortillas, as evenly as you can.
- Sprinkle feta cheese crumbles on top of the hummus to your taste, I usually do a heaping tablespoons worth.
- On one half of your tortilla place a small handful of the carrots and a small handful of the zucchini.
- Carefully place the loaded tortilla into the hot skillet, place lid on.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until the bottom of the tortilla starts to brown (use a spatula to check).
- Once the tortilla is browned to your liking carefully fold the non vegetable side in half on top of the veggies. Use the spatula to gently press the quesadilla together.
- Slide the quesadilla onto a plate, let it rest for about 1 minute and then cut and serve.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Peace & Love
The Schmidty Wife
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.