So this spring has basically sucked. After what seemed like a never ending winter the weather has morphed into a cold and wet spring. So basically with this never ending cold rainy weather I have not been able to get out to grill as much as I would like to so I have had to get creative. In the absence of my grill and still craving a good barbecue I have created Loaded BBQ Chicken Pizza.
Loaded BBQ Chicken Pizza is simple to make and the best part is you can use up a lot of leftovers to make it! For the chicken you can use leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken or cook up a chicken breast just for the pizza. You can also use leftover corn and onion if you have it. So basically if you are having a real outdoor barbecue and you end up having a lot of leftovers you should definitely make this pizza for dinner the next day!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- If you need a pizza dough recipe check out my Pizza Dough recipe
- If you don’t have a pizza stone yet you should really get one, it makes homemade pizza about one thousand times better
- For this pizza use your favorite barbecue sauce, I usually make a homemade sauce but when I don’t have time I really like to use Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce
- Pizza Dough for 1 large pizza
- 3/4 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- handful of red onion slices
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- parsley for garnish
- Place pizza stone into the middle rack of the oven and preheat oven to 450° F.
- Prep the toppings for the pizza. To quickly cook the corn on the cob, dampen 3 paper towels and wrap around the un-shucked cob of corn, microwave for 3 minutes. Remove corn from microwave and set aside to cool, once cooled carefully used a knife to cut the corn off of the cob.
- Prep your chicken, in a small bowl mix the chicken with 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce so that the chicken is covered.
- Once the pizza stone is hot prep the pizza dough, spread out into a crust on a well floured surface, take the pizza stone out of the oven and transfer the pizza crust to the pizza stone. (Be careful of the pizza stone it will be hot!)
- Start making your pizza, use the back of a spoon to spread the remaining barbecue sauce evenly across the pizza crust. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and half of the cheddar cheese evenly over the pizza crust. Spread out the chicken over the pizza followed by your preferred amount of red onion and corn. Sprinkle on the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley to serve, enjoy!
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
P.S. Looking for more pizza recipes? Check out my Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.