Hello there! My name is Emeline Hoblick, otherwise known as the sister of the fabulous Schmidty Wife. Welcome to SISTER FOOD BLOG TAKEOVER 2018! My sister recently had a beautiful baby boy and is taking some time away from the blog to be with her family. I cannot wait to see the little guy! Unfortunately I live in South Dakota and she lives in New Hampshire so I’ll have to wait and fly out to see them when I have a chance. I did one previous blog post recipe for Chicken and Shrimp Paella. If that sounds like it’s up your alley, you can find the recipe HERE.
In other news, we recently had some warmer weather here in Pierre. It is crazy how much some sunshine can completely flip me into a good mood! Going from -10 degrees up to 32 feels like a heat wave and I’m not complaining. With spring rapidly approaching, I’m already getting excited for another summer! Living in a city on the Missouri River means spending lots of sunny days on the beach and firing up the grill. This got me thinking about cheeseburgers fresh off the grill. Is there anything more mouthwatering than that??
On to today’s recipe, Bacon Cheeseburger Zucchini Boats. I make zucchini boats of all kinds and this one is my absolute favorite. With mouth watering bacon, and tasty hamburger filling, topped with melty cheese, pickles, and tomatoes, You won’t even miss the bun!
Bacon Cheeseburger Zucchini Boats
a sister blog takeover recipe - cheeseburger topped zucchini boats
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 12 ounces bacon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 10 dill pickle sandwich slices, diced
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, spoon out all the seeds, and arrange in a baking dish, peel side down.
- Over medium heat cook bacon in a skillet until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain the grease and to cool. Once cooled, chop bacon into small pieces.
- In the skillet, keep approximately a tablespoon of bacon grease. Over medium high heat, add onion to skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add the bacon, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, and heavy cream to the skillet stir to combine.
- Evenly fill each zucchini boat with the meat mixture. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Cook the zucchini boats in the oven uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with the tomatoes and pickles. Serve immediately, Enjoy!
Nutritional data is automated, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 660.59Total Fat: 53.13gSaturated Fat: 21.93gSodium: 1716.91mgCarbohydrates: 14.44gFiber: 3.11gSugar: 9.27gProtein: 32.09g
SISTER FOOD BLOG TAKEOVER 2018,
Looking for more dinner ideas? Check out Shrimp Stir Fry or One Pot Southwest Quinoa.
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.
Leave a Reply