The PERFECT appetizer, three ingredients, only a few minutes, a crowd favorite… Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese. Your new go-to for delicious finger food, dates are stuffed with goat cheese then wrapped in bacon and baked into sweet, salty, and savory treat!
This post may contain Affiliate Links.
Bacon Wrapped Dates
If you see me at any type of party do you know where I am? Yep you probably guessed it near the food. Party food as some sort of magical quality to it. Is it always just better because it is at a party? Maybe because most of it is just finger food? Probably
Anyways one of my favorite finger foods are these Stuffed Dates with Goat Cheese. They literally have it all they are sweet, yet savory, yet creamy, they have an amazing texture, plus when you are the one hosting so easy to make!
These work well as an appetizer for a dinner party, on a plate at a party, and even as an addition to a charcuterie board.
Plus you don’t really need any special equipment beside a baking sheet and some toothpicks! So let’s dig in on how to make these…
- Dates, specifically Medjool but really any variety will do. Madjool works well due to their size and they are the most common type found in grocery stores.
- Regular/Thin Bacon, try to skip the thick cut stuff for this recipe it doesn’t wrap around and cook as well, I note this because I normally prefer the thick cut bacon!
- Goat Cheese, found in the specialty cheese section if you aren’t used to buying goat cheese it should come in a little log shape and is usually pretty soft and spreadable.
For a complete detailed list of the ingredients continue towards the bottom of the page.
Instructions for Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates
Begin by preheating the oven to 425ºF.
If the dates already come pitted than great! Otherwise pit the dates by slicing open and removing the pit, discard the pits.
Now carefully stuff the inside of each date with goat cheese and close the date back up. I find that a butter knife works best for doing this.
Cut the bacon strips in half. Wrap the stuffed date with a piece of the bacon. Insert a toothpick to keep the bacon wrapped in place. Transfer the wrapped date to a sheet pan.
Once all the dates are stuffed and wrapped transfer the sheet pan to the oven and bake 12-15 minutes. Rest at least 5 minutes before serving, can serve warm or cooled.
Tips, Tricks, & Questions
- For easy clean up cover the sheet pan with tin foil.
- Since you buy the dates by weight and not number you might have some bacon remaining.
- These absolutely can be prepped or made ahead!
- Some people like the addition of an almond with the goat cheese inside the date!
- I have found that regular/thinner bacon works better than thick cut bacon for bacon covered dates.
You might also like:
- Warm Buffalo Chickpea Dip
- The Easiest Dried Beef Pickle Roll Ups
- Greek Layer Dip
- How to Make a Sheet Pan Snack Platter
- 12 ounces dates (Medjool)
- 12 ounces bacon, thin works best
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Pit the dates by slicing open and removing the pit (If they don't come already pitted).
- Carefully stuff the inside of each date with goat cheese and close the date back up.
- Cut the bacon strips in half. Wrap the stuffed date with a piece of the bacon. Insert a toothpick to keep the bacon wrapped and place spread out on a sheet pan.
- Transfer the sheet pan to the oven and bake 12-15 minutes. Rest at least 5 minutes before serving, can serve warm or cooled.
For easy clean up cover the sheet pan with tin foil.
Since you buy the dates by weight and not number you might have some bacon remaining.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: about 2 dates
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 475Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 1043mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 5gSugar: 36gProtein: 24g
Nutritional data is automated, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife