This Chai Spice Smoothie is plant packed and tastes like warm and spicy chai. Perfect breakfast or snack!
This post may contain Affiliate Links.
Chai Spice Smoothie
This cafe near my house has the best smoothies and ‘transformational’ lattes. All these beverages are filled with amazing flavors and crazy ingredients like adaptogens! Everything they serve is pretty seasonal and at one point they had a delicious Chai Smoothie and I loved it!
So after I refined my Chai Spice Blend I knew I would work on a smoothie.
Now this Banana Chai Spice Smoothie isn’t filled with mushroom adaptogens or anything too out of the ordinary because I wanted to make it easy to make at home BUT it is full of plant power!
And yes you will have to hop over to my recipe for Chai Spice Mix but trust me it is so good to have on hand, not just for smoothies but it is so good in muffins, pies, and breads as well!
- Frozen Banana – Using a frozen banana at the base helps get a really nice consistency for the smoothie, nice and frosty like. If you still want to make the smoothie but don’t have a frozen banana you can make it with a not frozen banana but it might not have the the same consistency. You would also want to probably include some ice to keep it cold.
- Frozen Riced Cauliflower – It took me like a really long time to get on the cauliflower in my smoothie game. To be honest I am not sure if I like being tricked into eating a vegetables, maybe I am a little like a kid in that way. BUT honestly you can’t tell it is in there otherwise I wouldn’t include it, I swear! Also to note make sure you are using plain riced cauliflower and not a seasoned one!
- Medjool Date – For sweetness in this smoothie I thought a date tasted best, for extra sweetness you can definitely add 2 dates. You can also swap out for maple syrup or honey instead.
- Chai Spice Mix
- Milk your Choice – Your favorite milk works best here. I am a cow’s milk drinker so that is what I used.
For a complete detailed list of the ingredients continue towards the bottom of the page.
If you are a smoothie lover, prep bananas specifically for smoothies by peeling them and then adding to the freezer to freeze. So easy to just throw the smoothie in when you need it.
Remove the pit from the date if necessary. (Don’t forget and learn the hard way like I did, I thought my blender was going to explode!)
Add all the ingredients to a blender (a single serve blender works great here). Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
tips, tricks and questions
Is this banana chai smoothie healthy?
Healthy is a relative term but in a general sense yes this smoothie is healthy. Bananas & Cauliflower are both high in fiber, medjool dates are high in antioxidants, and most milks are high in protein.
If you are looking for a few additions to your smoothie you could try vanilla protein powder, a bit of peanut butter, or a small handful of fresh/frozen cranberries.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 medjool date
- 1 teaspoon chai spice mix
- 1/2 cup milk your choice
- Remove the pit from the date if necessary.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender (a single serve blender works great here). Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Feel free to add protein powder to bulk up your smoothie, I suggest using vanilla flavored but I feel like a coffee flavored one might be really good too.
Serving Size:1 smoothie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 6gSugar: 38gProtein: 7g
Nutritional data is automated and might not be 100% accurate, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.