Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner this BLT Wrap is a healthy version of the famous sandwich. Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato with a delicious secret sauce gets wrapped up for a wonderful meal!
Links may be affiliate links.
Healthy BLT Wrap
I love BLT sandwiches but often times made with big pieces of white bread and a ton of mayo they fall short of being considered ‘healthy’.
While healthy is a subjective term (it means something a little different to all of us right?) this wrap can be called healthy compared to its sandwich counterpart for a few reasons.
- Using a wrap opposed to bread cuts down on empty calories and carbs
- I put together a secret little sauce mostly made up of greek yogurt cutting the fat content down from using just plain mayo
- Adding more lettuce as a filler than you otherwise would have if you made a sandwich.
Now I am not trying to say a good BLT sandwich is bad but as you can see the wrap has it benefits!
BLT Wrap Recipe
What you need to make these Bacon Lettuce Tomato Wraps:
- 12 strips bacon, usually a 16oz package carries 12 strips
- 2 cups chopped lettuce, or about the equivalent to 2 romaine hearts
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced the better the tomato the better the wrap will be
- 4 lavish wraps/lavish bread, I absolutely love the Joseph’s Lavash Bread Brand, not an ad just a fan and they can be found nationwide at store like Walmart but you can also order them easily online
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat greek yogurt, the bulk of the sauce is made up of greek yogurt with some add-ins to give the sauce a little pizzaz
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, just enough to give that lovely fatty mayo taste
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, for the extra flavor boost
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar, and to give the sauce a little extra punch
Now that you have everything you need lets see how easy they are to make!
You will start by cooking the bacon. Cook bacon according to package directions. (Start with bacon in a cold frying pan, turn on the heat to medium-high heat, flip bacon every few minutes until crispy.)
When your bacon is cooked to your desired crispness transfer the strips to a paper towel lined plate to drain the extra grease.
While the bacon is cooking prepare the sauce. In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, mayo, mustard, and vinegar.
Now to build the wraps. Slather a scoop of the sauce over the center of a wrap. Layer a small handful of lettuce, 2-3 tomato slices, and 3 strips of bacon over the sauce. Carefully wrap up the wrap. Repeat until all the wraps are made. Serve immediately.
Are BLT Wraps Healthy?
Yes. Although it depends if you are following a specific diet these wraps are lower in calories and low-carb compared to a regular BLT Sandwich.
You might also like:
- Spicy Tuna ‘Sushi’ Wrap
- Carnitas Quesadilla
- Greek Quinoa Chickpea Salad
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Healthier Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- 12 strips bacon (16oz package)
- 2 cups chopped lettuce (2 romaine hearts)
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 4 lavish wraps (lavish bread)
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Cook bacon according to package directions. When cooked to desired crispness transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain extra grease.
- While bacon is cooking prepare the sauce. In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, mayo, mustard, and vinegar.
- Slather a scoop of the sauce over the center of a wrap. Layer a small handfull of lettuce, 2-3 tomato slices, and 3 strips of bacon over the sauce. Carefully wrap up the wrap. Repeat until all the wraps are made. Serve immediately.
For the wraps I love Joseph's Brand Lavish Bread Wraps but any wraps may be used.
Avoid using low-fat mayonnaise, using a regular mayo added to the low-fat yogurt is where a lot of the flavor will come from, so if you use a low-fat mayo it will change the flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 wrap
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5.3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 1086mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 22g
Nutritional data is automated, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife