Chai Spiced Energy Balls are bite-sized snacks packed with wholesome ingredients. They are crafted from a blend of oats, flaxseed meal, pumpkin seeds, dates, and a delightful mix of chai spices. These ingredients come together quick to form a convenient and scrumptious source of energy.
This post may contain Affiliate Links.
Chai Flaxseed Energy Balls
In the bustling world of family life, we often find ourselves in need of a quick pick-me-up. But why settle for store-bought snacks when you can whip up something both energizing and delicious at home? Enter Chai Spiced Energy Balls! These little powerhouses are not only a flavorful treat but also a nutritious boost for you and your family.
These energy balls are not just a tasty treat; they offer a range of nutritional benefits.
- Loaded with fiber from oats and healthy fats from seeds, they provide lasting energy throughout the day.
- Dates, a natural sweetener, add a touch of sweetness while providing essential vitamins and minerals.
- And last but not least my favorite flaxseed meal. Flaxseeds are packed with omega-3’s which our vital in our brain development!
ALSO, chai spices are more than just flavor enhancers; they’re power-packed with goodness. Cinnamon adds warmth and helps regulate blood sugar. Cardamom aids digestion and provides a refreshing twist. Ginger brings a zing of anti-inflammatory properties. Together, they create a unique flavor profile that will tantalize your taste buds.
- Flaxseed Meal – In a pinch you can use full flaxseeds, just add them to the processor when you add the pumpkin seeds to begin the breakdown process.
- Pumpkin Seeds – Also known as pepita, use the raw unsalted version.
- Dates – Make sure you remove the pit before adding to the food processor!
- Oats – These can be old fashioned or quick oats.
- Chai Spice – Click for my homemade version!
For a complete detailed list of the ingredients continue towards the bottom of the page.
Add the pumpkin seeds to a food processor. Process until crumbles, about 10 to 20 seconds.
Add the remaining ingredients and process for 60 to 90 seconds until everything processes down and comes together into a large ball.
Use a heaping tablespoon to scoop and roll into a ball in your hand, repeat until all balls are made. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
tips, tricks and questions
Variations to Spice It Up:
- Coconut Chai Energy Balls: Roll the energy balls in shredded coconut for an extra layer of flavor and texture.
- Chocolate Chai Energy Balls: Add cocoa powder or chocolate chips for a chocolatey twist.
- Nut Chai Energy Balls: Replace the pumpkin seeds with cashews or almonds.
Storage and Freshness:
Chai spiced energy balls can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Simply take a few out as needed and let them thaw for a few minutes before enjoying.
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 10 dates, pits removed
- 1 cup oats, old fashioned or quick oats
- 2 teaspoon chai spice
- 4 teaspoons water
- Add the pumpkin seeds to a food processor. Process until crumbles, about 10 to 20 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process for 60 to 90 seconds until everything processes down and comes together into a large ball.
- Use a heaping tablespoon to scoop and roll into a ball in your hand, repeat until all balls are made. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
My chai spice mix is clickable above, you will need: ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cardamom, ground cloves, and ground black pepper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 balls
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
Nutritional data is automated and might not be 100% accurate, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.