Homemade Gingerbread Ice Cream is an easy and simple ice cream made up of cream, milk, and sugar with the flavorful additions of gingerbread spice and molasses! An ironically warm spiced ice cream that is a match made in heaven for a late night hallmark Christmas movie binge session.
This post may contain Affiliate Links.
Gingerbread Ice Cream Recipe
One of my favorite non-necessary kitchen appliances is hands down an ice cream maker. Ice cream can be simple to make and everyone loves it!
Maybe I am just a little biased since ice cream is my favorite dessert ever…
Ironically I have a love for ice cream especially in the winter months. I crave a cozy couch, a blanket, and a big bowl of ice cream! Crazy but it led to this delicious Christmas Ice Cream Flavor.
Gingerbread Ice Cream, it is smooth and creamy but with warm spices! It is downright fabulous.
- Heavy Cream
- Whole Milk – Whole milk works best because of its fat content to help with the smooth creamy texture and to keep the ice cream from getting too icy.
- Granulated Sugar
- Gingerbread Spice Mix – You can find gingerbread spice in stores around the holiday season, but I would just recommend using my easy Gingerbread Spice Mix Recipe.
- Molasses – Regular molasses works best here, you can use light molasses if that is what you have, I don’t recommend using blackstrap molasses, that will make the ice cream slightly bitter.
Want to add in some cookie bits?! Either ginger snaps or gingerbread cookies can be added to this ice cream if you craving ice cream with fillings! You will want to break apart a few gingersnaps or gingerbread cookies into small bite size pieces (anywhere from 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup). Add them in a single layer to a sheet pan or plate and transfer to the freezer to freeze, not long but just enough to make them frozen about 30 minutes. You will add the frozen cookie bits into the ice cream after it is done churning. Transfer the ice cream to a container, add in the cookies and mix in. Cover and freeze to solidify.
It is hard to believe it really is this easy:
Combine all the ingredients in a large measuring cup or bowl. Whisk well to combine, ensuring that the sugar is dissolved.
Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn to manufacture instructions. Mine personally takes about 40 minutes.
Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for 3-4 hours until solid.
tips, tricks and questions
Try making festive ice cream sandwiches! Make gingerbread, chocolate chip cookies, or your favorite Christmas cookie and use this gingerbread ice cream in the center!
When storing the ice cream make sure it is covered well to keep it from getting icy. If you make ice cream at home often enough I highly recommend grabbing these 1 quart ice cream containers. I have 1 and I use it all the time!
If you like this Gingerbread Ice Cream Recipe you might also like:
Gingerbread Ice Cream
The warm spices of gingerbread inside smooth and creamy ice cream is absolute perfection. This 5 ingredient desert is sure to bring joy this holiday season!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons gingerbread spice mix
- 2 tablespoon regular molasses
- Combine all the ingredients in a large measuring cup or bowl. Whisk well to combine, ensuring that the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn to manufacture instructions. Mine personally takes about 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for 3-4 hours until solid.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 23gProtein: 2g
Nutritional data is automated and might not be 100% accurate, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
And make sure you are following me on TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for all the latest recipes!
Leave a Reply