Turn any beverage into a gingerbread cookie with this easy and delicious Gingerbread Simple Syrup. In only a few minutes you can have a gingerbread coffee syrup ready to make a latte better than a coffee shop!
Gingerbread Syrup for Coffee or Cocktails
‘Tis the season for fun drinks! Something I totally love about the holiday season is the large array of flavors and how they can be used, especially in drinks!
Gingerbread being one of my favorite has taken over this blog, proof:
- Homemade Gingerbread Marshmallows
- Skinny Gingerbread Tea Latte
- Homemade Gingerbread Spice
- Soft Glazed Gingerbread Cookies
- Overnight Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls
And now… Gingerbread Simple Syrup.
This homemade gingerbread syrup revivals Starbucks or any store bought syrup. So easy to make at home adding to your coffee or cocktails will truly make this season bright!
So what is Simple Syrup?
Simple Syrup is traditionally a mixture made from one part water to one part sugar (1:1). White granulated sugar is the standard sweetener, but other sugars and sweeteners work as well, keeping the ratio the same. Typically used to sweeten beverages seeing that it is a liquified sugar so it blends seamlessly with cocktails, tea, coffee, lemonade, and anything that is chilled in which normal sugar has trouble dissolving.
In this recipe we will use that standard water to sugar ratio and add in all of the flavors of gingerbread cookies to make a deliciously spiced simple syrup.
- granulated sugar
- fresh ginger
- whole allspice
- whole cloves
- whole nutmeg
- cinnamon stick
For a complete detailed list of the ingredients continue towards the bottom of the page.
For your convince I also left a list if you want to make this syrup from ground spices, including the ginger in the recipe card below.
How to Make Gingerbread Simple Syrup
It could not be easier to make simple syrup.
Add all the ingredients to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Simmer 1-2 minutes, then turn off the heat.
Let cool slightly with the spices. Strain out the spices using a strainer. Transfer to an airtight container to keep in the fridge.
Questions,Tips, and Tricks:
How long does simple syrup last?
Since this is flavored it will last about 2 weeks in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Ideas of ways to use this Gingerbread Syrup:
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to your coffee. Add in frothed milk to make it into a Gingerbread Latte
- Using my Steamed Milk Recipe as a base make a Gingerbread milk steamer for the kiddos (or anyone who loves milk). Froth the milk and add anywhere from 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of the syrup.
- Use this in place of the sugar in an Old Fashioned for a Gingerbread Old Fashioned.
- Include in a White Russian for a Gingerbread White Russian.
- Drizzle on top of vanilla ice cream for a gingerbread sundae treat!
- GO CRAZY!
You might also like:
- White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Cookies
- Crockpot Christmas Wassail
- Chai Spiced White Hot Chocolate
- Sweet & Spicy Candied Almonds
- Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 inch fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons whole* allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 whole nutmeg crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir occasionally to make sure all the sugar dissolves.
- Simmer 1-2 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Let cool slightly. Strain out the spices using a strainer. Transfer to an airtight container to keep in the fridge.
*For using ground spices including the ginger use the following:
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
When using the ground spices like above you will want to make sure you strain them out in a way that will get out all the gritiness, so using a nut milk bag or cheesecloth.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 0g
Nutritional data is automated, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wifehttps://www.pinterest.com/theschmidtywife/