A complete roundup of 15 of the BEST Homemade Soup Recipes. From tomato soup to clam chowder and everything in between this list of soup recipes has something for everyone!
Links may be affiliate links.
Best Homemade Soup Recipes Ever
Every fall and winter we quickly rely on soup as a meal at least once a week. Something is so comforting about a hot bowl of soup on a chilly night so I thought it would be best to round up some of my own favorite soup recipes and a few more from some blogger friends to help you decide which soups you should be making this week.
Before we run down the list lets touch on a few soup tricks that can help you get the best pot!
Homemade Soup Tips!
- Especially if you make soup on a regular basis I recommend having a few varieties of Better than Bouillon in your fridge. So much easier to store than traditional broth and has a ton of flavor plus it makes it easier to make soup on a whim. There is a variety of flavors but I recommend starting with a chicken base.
- Most soups can be frozen easily if you have leftovers, the biggest exception to freezing is when they have a grain like rice or noodles, those don’t freeze particularly well, soups heavy in dairy tend not to freeze well either
- Soups are usually very easy recipes to get creative and ‘make it yours’. Go ahead and add more vegetables or aromatics if that is what you like, the nice thing about soup is that you can always taste it as you go, so if you love garlic go head add a little more.
- Salt at the end. This is something I personally do with most of my soups, I like to concentrate on the other flavors building during cooking and then taste my soup and add how much salt you think the soup actually needs, this keeps your soup from getting too salty.
- Garnish your soup! Fresh herbs can basically be a garnish to every kind of soup. Depending on the soup’s flavors parsley, cilantro, green onion, and thyme are some of my favorites to top off a nice bowl of soup!
So let’s find a soup perfect for you and let’s get cooking!
Slow Cooker Black Bean Tortilla Soup is a hearty and delicious vegetarian soup made in the crockpot using canned goods and fresh ingredients. One of the most popular recipes on theschmidtywife.com and viral on Pinterest for a good reason, its delicious!
A warm & cozy spin off of tomato soup this roasted red pepper and tomato soup boasts a big flavor from roasting the vegetables before putting them into the soup, perfect for a chilly night and pairing with your favorite grilled cheese sandwiches!
Perfect for a light meal or a side dish this simple vegetable rice soup is made with classic vegetables, chicken broth, and rice. Reminiscent of chicken noodle soup but simpler and lighter. I love making this one for my family when everyone is under the weather!
Replete with fresh, healthy ingredients, Healthy Mexican Seafood Soup features shrimp and fish, vegetables, and a savory broth flavored with lean Mexican chorizo and beer… This easy shrimp and fish soup recipe can be on your table in about 30 minutes!
Classic homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup made in the slow cooker. Easy to prep in the morning so it is ready fast at dinner time!
Crockpot Beef Pho uses easy and recognizable ingredients to simmer a pot of delicious tasting broth. Then when you are ready to eat you will simply add onions, noodles, beef, and garnishes for a warming and comforting meal.
Is chowder technically a soup? Either way it is delicious! Warm up with a bowl of healthy New England style Slow Cooker Clam Chowder! Easy to make make in the morning, this crockpot clam chowder is packed with flavor but is made light so you can enjoy it without all the guilt plus packed with veggies, you will be making this chowder regularly!
This creamy Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup is a perfect comforting recipe. It is ready in under 30 minutes, making it a great weeknight meal. Made with yummy Italian sausage and parmesan cheese, its definitely not lacking in flavor!
This Roasted Butternut Squash & Carrot soup recipe boasts bold flavors from the vegetables being roasted, bacon, coconut milk, and curry powder. An interesting mix but oh so good! This aromatic soup is perfect for a chilly fall or winter evening.
Perfect for a comforting homemade meal this easy Chicken Rice Soup Recipe is made with split chicken breasts, classic vegetables, and rice. Simple to make and full of flavor this is a warming meal that everyone in the family will love.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup is an easy and nourishing dinner for those cold winter nights. Cauliflower, garlic and onion are first roasted, then left to simmer in stock to bring out the most flavour. Finish it off with a little cream and cheese and you’ve got yourself a (mostly) healthy and hearty soup with a rich creamy flavour.
Flavorful chicken soup filled with fajita seasoning and oven roasted peppers and onions, turning your favorite Mexican meal into a comforting soup!
A big bowl of Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings is pure delicious comfort food. Ready in a flash with an “it cooked all day” taste, you’ll flip over this healthy chicken and dumplings!
Easy to throw into the slow cooker, this soup simmers for hours and is full of healthy vegetables and beans. A perfect meatless soup that will keep the whole family warm and full!
Tender sirloin and crispy bacon swim in a garlic red wine broth with chewy pearls of barley, sweet carrots, and earthy roasted mushrooms. Beef and barley soup is rich and meaty enough to be called a stew, but ready to eat in just over an hour.
If you enjoyed this recipe or any of my others let me know by using #theschmidtywife on social media!
And make sure you are following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for all the latest recipes!
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife