Peanut Butter is one of the easiest things to make yourself, like really good 100% Peanut Butter is so incredibly easy to make at home. I am writing this post on how to make peanut butter for three reasons, I don’t think people actually realize how easy it is to make, 100% Peanut Butter is so much healthier for you because it doesn’t contain sugar/preservatives, and it doesn’t contain palm oil which is causing major deforestation all over the world. Oh also homemade peanut butter tastes like 1,000% times better, so I guess I really have 4 reasons why I am showing you How To Make 100% Peanut Butter.
So you need 1 ingredients for this recipe (‘obviously Lauren’ is what you are thinking), Peanuts! I always use dry roasted unsalted peanuts. I use dry roasted because, dry roasted=no added oils and unsalted because that way you can control the salt content in your peanut butter, if you prefer a little salt in your peanut butter you can add it yourself.
The tools and supplies you will need is a food processor, a spatula, and a jar to hold your peanut butter. Simple right?!
The last thing you need, 5 minutes 😉
The peanuts are processed for 4-5 minutes until creamy, boom done. Enjoy! 🙂
Check out the video:
TIPS & TRICKS:
- With this ‘recipe’ there is really not a right or wrong amount of peanuts you need, make as much as you need or when you need it, I personally like making a ton at once and then just storing it or you could make a small amount for whenever you needed it, its really up to you, the only thing you have to watch out for is to not overfill your food processor
- A mini food processor will still make peanut butter, you don’t need a big fancy one, my mom uses her mini food processor to make peanut butter all the time 🙂
- Store peanut butter as you would store bought peanut butter, remember natural separation of the oil might occur, just mix it back together
- Supplies Needed:
- 16oz jar unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Place peanuts into food processor, process until creamy about 4-5 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 116mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 7g
If you enjoyed this Recipe or any of my others let me know by using #theschmidtywife on social media!
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.