Monthly Dinner Challenge
Welcome to the The Schmidty Wife Monthly Family Dinner Challenge!
Hi, I’m Lauren. I am on a mission to get you to eat a meal with your family this month!
Each month I will send out a favorite recipe of mine via email for you to make, take a photo of, and share with me for a chance to win one $50 Amazon Gift Card.
🎯 How to Join
- Cook the assigned recipe anytime during the month. You can sign up for my emails to be notified every month when I share a new challenge. Sign up for my emails HERE.
- Snap a Picture of your finished recipe.
- Enter the contest. See the official entry box below to submit your photo! Once your photo is submitted be sure to do the bonus entries.
See entry box for official giveaway rules & terms.
🏠 More Info on Family Meals
Did you know that sharing a family meal is good for the spirit, the brain and the health of all family members?!
Really! That is the reason I started and continue to grow The Schmidty Wife food blog. Over my life I have seen the positive impacts of family dinners together, through my own life, my kids life, and many others! Every time I get a comment on a recipe saying that a family enjoyed one of my recipes together nothing brings me greater joy!
According to Dr. Anne K. Fishel co-founder of The Family Dinner Project who has spent over 20 years studying the impacts of shared family meals here are just some of the benefits:
- for teenagers, lower rates of substance abuse, teen pregnancy and depression, as well as higher grade-point averages and self-esteem
- for young children, dinner conversation is a more potent vocabulary-booster than reading, and the stories told around the kitchen table help our children build resilience
- regular family meals also lower the rates of obesity and eating disorders in children and adolescents
And those are just the really impressive statistics, there are even more benefits!
I was lucky enough to have parents that valued family meal time and I have seen how it has developed my siblings and I into adulthood. I started my journey into motherhood the same time I started this food blog and I knew that part of my driving force for sharing recipes was to keep family meals in this house a regular thing. Not only to help my family have regular family meals but if I could help just a few other do the same I was doing something good.
So why not join the challenge? You might get a lot more than a gift card from it!