I always am trying to get myself to make more stir fry’s for dinner because they are so easy, fast, and healthy. Like this beauty that I am sharing today, it is extremely tasty, healthy, and oh so easy to make. When I say easy I am talking it takes about 5 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook, hello dinner! So basically add Orange Ginger Beef Stir Fry to your meal plan menu right now. You are welcome.
Prep is as simple as chopping up your veggies and mixing together the simple sauce. The sauce itself is made up of orange juice & zest, soy sauce, fresh ginger, honey, sriracha, and cornstarch. The stir fry itself is as simple as cooking the beef, vegetables, and adding the sauce. I always serve mine over white rice but it would be equally as good with brown rice or quinoa. So whip up Orange Ginger Beef Stir Fry for supper tonight 🙂
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Spare yourself and buy the pre cut stir fry beef, I see these at essentially at every grocery store. The packages I buy usually are 3/4 to 1 pound and are much cheaper then buying a steak and then having to cut it yourself
- For this stir fry I use a 12 1/2 inch skillet, if you don’t have one that big just split the cooking between the beef and the vegetables. Cook the beef all of the way through, set to the side, and then cook the vegetables. Then toss together at the end.
- If you are looking for a nice big skillet I recommend this one 🙂
- 1 pound stir fry cut sirloin beef
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 12 ounces green beans
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice + 1 tablespoon orange zest (about 2 navel oranges)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- sesame seeds for servings
- In a small bowl mix together orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, ginger, honey, and sriracha. Once mixed slowly stir in the cornstarch until fully incorporated.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add beef and cook 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Add carrots to skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper and green beans to the skillet, cook for 7-8 minutes. stirring occasionally.
- Add sauce to the skillet, stirring occasionally cook the stir fry an additional 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat, top with sesame seeds, and serve over rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 1018mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 6gSugar: 19gProtein: 24g
Nutritional data is automated, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
If you enjoyed this Recipe or any of my others let me know by using #theschmidtywife on social media!
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.