It is currently the end of August which means I am itching to get into fall flavors, that’s right pumpkin galore 🙂 But before that happens I needed to share at least one more fun and easy ‘summer’ recipe, Pineapple Chicken Kabobs.
Living up north really gives me an appreciation for summer and grilling, you know when the grill isn’t under 3 feet of snow. So while in most of the country you can fire up your grill whenever, I cannot so I take advantage of this precious time.
So lets get down to this delicious grilled dinner I am sharing today, Pineapple Chicken Kabobs. An easy marinade is whisked together for the chicken, soy sauce, brown sugar, fresh ginger, and garlic. This marinade gives a beautiful sweet and savory ginger flavor that compliments the pineapple and other vegetables so beautifully.
So after the chicken is finished marinading you will cut up bell peppers, a red onion, and half of a pineapple. Along with the chicken you will build the kabobs and you are ready to grill.
These Pineapple Chicken Kabobs only take 10-15 minutes on the grill, which is ideal for a week night, or a really hungry family. These kabobs are so good my family usually just eats these on their own but if we have leftovers we will eat them in a spinach wrap with a little sour cream, which is also delicious.
So whether you are able to grill all year or only those few precious warm weather months Pineapple Chicken Kabobs are a delicious reason to fire up that grill.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- If you are using Bamboo Skewers make sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before preparing your kabobs so that they don’t burn on the grill
- It is best to lightly grease your grill so the food doesn’t stick, I use coconut oil to handle the high heat, just use a clean rag to quickly grease your grill grate
- If you are feeling fancy garnish with sesame seeds, they add a little flare 😉
- When cutting the onion, to keep the onion layers together, leave to root attached while slicing into sections, and cut the root off each individual section, this will keep them all together and in uniform pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated/minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated/minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1/2 pineapple, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers (your choice of color, I use red & green)
- 1 red onion
- In a large bowl or gallon ziplock bag mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic to make marinade.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and add to marinade. Seal and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or as long as overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-low.
- Cut peppers and onion into uniform sized pieces about 1 inch in size.
- Make kabobs, randomly alternate between, peppers, onions, pineapple, and chicken pieces. This recipe should make about 10 skewers.
- Grill kabobs on a lightly greased grill 5-7 minutes.
- Carefully flip kabobs over and grill another 5-7 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and the pineapples & veggies are to your liking.
- Serve immediately.
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.