I am an autumn junkie, anything fall is my favorite. I love flannels, apple picking, crunchy leaves, football, and lets not forget anything and everything pumpkin. There is something so comforting about colder weather, sweaters, and everything pumpkin spiced flavored. Including today’s recipe, which is basically fall wrapped up in carbs, Pumpkin Bread.
This pumpkin bread, is super moist and full of pumpkin flavor, and couldn’t be easier to make. It is a simple one bowl recipe. All of the wet ingredients are mixed together pumpkin puree, eggs, butter, vanilla, and brown sugar. And then the dry ingredients are added flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves, a voila your pumpkin bread is ready for the oven.
The bread bakes for 45 minutes, and fills your whole house with a delicious smell. After it is cooled you are then ready to dig in. I love to grab a mug full of chai tea, a piece of this Pumpkin Bread, and sneak away to where my son isn’t to have a minute in peace.
Watch the video to see it made 🙂
TIPS & TRICKS:
- I line my bread pan with parchment paper so the bread can easily come in and out, I also lightly grease the parchment paper, If you don’t have parchment paper you could also use greased tin foil or just make sure your pan is really well greased.
- This recipe only uses 1 cup of pumpkin puree, so if you are looking for more ways to use up a can of pumpkin try my Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line a bread pan with parchment paper and lightly greased.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pumpkin puree, eggs, butter, vanilla, and sugar. Stir together until combined.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves to the bowl. Mix together until fully combined.
- Transfer to the bread pan and spread the batter out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Transfer the bread from the pan to a wire rack to cool. Once cooled, slice and serve.
adapted from Grandma's Famous Pumpkin Bread
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.