This savory hummus will become your new favorite fall (or anytime) obsession, Pumpkin Hummus. This vegetable packed hummus not only taste amazing but is full of nutrients for you as well!
This post may contain Affiliate Links.
Pumpkin Hummus Recipe
What I love about the season of fall is that pumpkin gets added to everything! Like this hummus!
Pumpkin turns this hummus into a fantastic dip that is full of veggie power. The pumpkin makes the texture of the hummus into a light almost whipped like texture.
I have found that this hummus is as equally good with vegetables, as it is crackers, and I have even been spreading it across my toast in the morning for a wonderful breakfast!
- Chickpeas – Or garbanzo beans if you are some people… You will want to make sure these are drained and rinsed well before adding to the food processor. If you are not using a can but want to use cooked from dried you will want to use about 1.5 cups of chickpeas.
- Tahini – A staple for hummus, you should be able to find this at your grocery store, I often find it near the canned beans.
- Pumpkin Purée – Make sure that this is 100% pumpkin, don’t accidentally use pumpkin pie filling, that will turn it into a sweet hummus real fast! I tend to use canned pumpkin because of ease but you can of course use your own homemade pumpkin purée.
- Olive Oil – It is a good idea to use a good tasting olive oil in the hummus since it won’t be cooked the taste of olive oil will be very forward in the hummus. I like to use California Olive Ranch 100% California Olives, not an ad just a fan.
- Lemon Juice – Use fresh lemon juice for the best flavor possible.
- Garlic – You will notice I only use one clove of garlic, this is the ingredient in this recipe that can help make it the way you want. My kids did not like this hummus when I used too much garlic, they thought 2 cloves of garlic was too much but they seemed okay with 1. So I left the recipe at 1 clove. If you are big on garlic you can try 2 cloves out. I would also suggest that if you are familiar with roasting garlic and have the time roasted garlic might be good with more cloves, if I were to use roasted garlic I would probably add about 3 cloves.
- Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Kosher Salt – For flavoring this hummus I kept with the traditional cumin but then a small addition of smoked paprika was just what it needed. Then don’t forget a little salt to make it shine.
For a complete detailed list of the ingredients continue towards the bottom of the page.
For a smoother hummus you can peel the outside “jackets” off of each of the chickpeas. This can be somewhat time consuming so it isn’t necessary but if you are looking for something super smooth doing this little thing seems to help a lot!
As with most hummus it is fairly simple. Add everything to a food processor and blend until smooth about one minute.
Transfer to a container with a lid, keep refrigerated. Will keep for about 5 days.
tips, tricks and questions
What goes with pumpkin hummus?
Anything you would dip for traditional hummus works great for pumpkin hummus. Vegetables like carrots or celery. Pita chips is good for dipping, it is also very good with crackers, I love it with seed based crackers. I have also found that it is very good on toast!
How long does pumpkin hummus last in refrigerator?
If stored in the fridge in an air tight container it should last about 5 days.
If you like this Pumpkin Hummus Recipe you might also like these other pumpkin recipes:
Savory Pumpkin Hummus, filled with healthy pumpkin and all of your traditional hummus ingredients like chickpeas, tahini, and garlic.
- 1 can (14oz) chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add everything to a food processor and blend until smooth about one minute. Transfer to a container with a lid, keep refrigerated. Will keep for about 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutritional data is automated and might not be 100% accurate, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
And make sure you are following me on TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for all the latest recipes!
Leave a Reply