Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte is a warm delectable homemade fall drink for everyone to enjoy made with fresh spices and real pumpkin.
Links may be affiliate links.
It’s officially pumpkin season!! Pumpkin pies, muffins, pancakes, drinks, desserts… pumpkin everything! To start off this season of pumpkin I have a delicous Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte for you! PSL’s are most definitely one of my favorite things about fall and I know I am not alone in that feeling. While I do love PSL’s in the traditional sense made with coffee I love a good chai tea latte. So I decided to make a Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte that I can become obsessed with this fall!
Isn’t fall the best (I am as ‘basic’ as it can get)! There is something so comforting about fall and a big part of that is warm beverages much like this one. There is also falling leaves, plaids, scarfs, boots, apple picking, pumpkin carving, apple pies… I could go on all day but I digress lets talk delicious warm beverages.
Traditionally to make spiced chai tea you use cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, and star anise. And traditionally pumpkin pie spices are cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. So to make a pumpkin spice chai it is as simple as simmering all these spices together, brewing tea, and adding milk, pumpkin, and maple syrup. As you are making this it smells amazing, the blend of spices smell like a perfect fall day (you are going to want to make this just for the smell). To top it off and make it taste for real and way better then a coffee shop version just add some whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg to the top. This drink is so good, even my PSL hating husband loved it, it is that good! So get some spices simmering and whip up a nice frothy Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte!
- 3 Whole Cardamom, Crushed
- 2 Slices Fresh Ginger
- 1 Stick Cinnamon (1-2 inches)
- 1 Star Anise
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Whole Allspice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Whole Cloves
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Black Tea Bag
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Whipped Topping (Optional)
- In a small saucepan add cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, star anise, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, and water. Over high heat bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat and bring to a simmer. Let simmer 4-6 minutes until fragrant.
- Add teabag to saucepan. Let brew 3-5 minutes depending on how strong you like your tea.
- Using a slotted spoon strain out tea and all the whole spices. Discard tea bag and spices.
- Add milk and pumpkin to saucepan, whisk together until smooth. Heat for 1-2 minutes until steaming and frothy. Add maple syrup and stir together.
- Pour into mug and top with whipped topping if using. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 4gSugar: 16gProtein: 8g
Nutritional data is automated, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
If you enjoyed this recipe or any of my others let me know by using #theschmidtywife on social media!
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for weekly recipes straight to your inbox!