Subtly spicy yet juicy, Spicy Balsamic Crockpot Pork Loin takes minimal prep work and cooks in the slow cooker. A great recipe to turn a plain pork loin into a delicious meal!
Links may be affiliate links.
I have a super quick and easy slow cooker recipe for you this week, Spicy Balsamic Crockpot Pork Loin! Quick and easy because my family is moving this week! My husband and I have become quite the professional movers, for those of you who are new to The Schmidty Wife we have lived in Minnesota (where we grew up), Ohio, Massachusetts, and now New Hampshire (p.s. we have also both lived in Iowa and Matt has also lived in Illinois). So although we are moving again we are considering this an easy move since it is only 25 miles north! So I still have a lot to do so I will leave you with this delicous and easy recipe.
This spicy balsamic pork is tasty and healthy! The balsamic vinegar leaves the pork nice and juicy, the brown sugar leaves just a hint of sweetness to offset the subtle spiciness the crushed red pepper flakes leave. My family inhaled this meal, I made it with my Brussel Sprouts recipe (this would be amazing with mashed potatoes) and it made the perfect easy meal! So wish us luck on the move and enjoy your slow cooked Spicy Balsamic Crockpot Pork Loin.
- 1.5 lbs pork loin
- 2 small yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chicken broth*
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl add chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of the crushed red pepper flakes. Stir sauce until combined.
- Slice onions into large slices.
- Add pork loin to crockpot, add onions to the side and top of the pork. Evenly pour sauce over the pork and onions. Sprinkle remaining crushed red pepper flakes over the onions.
- Cook on high 4 hours or on low 7-8 hours.
- With last half hour remaining carefully take out the pork and place onto plate, gently shred the pork into bite size chucks using two forks. Stir the pork back into the crockpot and cook the remaining 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
*In case you don't want to open a whole container of chicken broth you can use a half a cup of water mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of chicken bouillon (I love Better than Bouillon).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 422mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 46g
If you enjoyed this recipe or any of my others let me know by using #theschmidtywife on social media!
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for weekly recipes straight to your inbox!