There are those few recipes that every one has that they always fall back on, whether it’s an easy dinner, a favorite dessert, or that one recipe you always make for a potluck. Well this is one of those recipes. Two Bean Mediterranean Salad is my summer fall back for basically everything, a weeknight dinner, a picnic, a potluck. Two Bean Mediterranean Salad in my opinion is perfect, it is full of healthy vegetables and beans, it is super easy to throw together, and it can be made ahead of time & travels well (I actually thing it tastes better after it sits overnight). It is super simple to put together, a couple of cans of bean and a few chopped vegetables are tossed in a simple vinaigrette dressing. Seriously there isn’t a reason to not make this salad today!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Make sure you rinse the beans really well, they will taste better that way
- This salad is great for making ahead of time, I think it even tastes better after it has time to sit in the refrigerator overnight
- Feel free to swap out or add your favorite veggies (p.s. I occasionally put marinated artichoke hearts in, and it is amazing)
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 5-6 mini sweet peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- To make the dressing add red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, thyme, and ground mustard to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl add chickpeas, black beans, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, olives, and feta. Pour the dressing into the bowl. Toss to coat. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 700mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 13gSugar: 6gProtein: 15g
Nutritional data is automated, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
If you enjoyed this Recipe or any of my others let me know by using #theschmidtywife on social media!
And make sure you are following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for all the latest recipes!
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
P.S. Looking for more salads? Check out my Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Strawberries, Apple, & Bacon or Honey Mustard Chicken and Sweet Potato Salad.
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.