Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie is perfect for those busy mornings. 5 simple ingredients, a quick blend and you are ready for your day. I love making these before my morning workouts, they keep me full and give me plenty of energy!
Oatmeal, a banana, peanut butter, milk, and ice cubes, are thrown into the blender and blended until smooth. Talk about easy 🙂
As simple as the ingredients are I just wanted to note that if you are using peanut butter I recommend a brand that is 100% peanuts (or make your own). For 2 reasons I recommend this, first for your health it is a good idea to avoid any sneaky sugars and/or preservatives. The second reason is the environment, most peanut butters on the market include palm oil. The production of palm oil is causing large scale deforestation pushing many animals to extinction like orangutans and tigers, to learn more check out Say No To Palm Oil. So for both of these reasons I always get Crazy Richards 100% Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, it is so yummy!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie calls for peanut butter but feel free to use whatever nut/seed butter of your choosing.
- Sometimes on days where I need a little extra energy I add extra peanut butter.
- Same goes for the milk as the peanut butter, I use regular cows milk but whatever you choose will work.
- This is a single serve recipe and is most easily made with a single serve blender, although any blender will work. I have a ninja blender that works amazing, I can use the easy single serve cup in the morning and then throw on the to-go cover that came with it and take it with me.
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of your choosing)
- 1 banana
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Add oatmeal, milk, peanut butter, banana, and ice cubes to blender.
- Blend about 1 minute until smooth. Enjoy immediately.
Peace & Love
Lauren ‘The Schmidty Wife’
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.