I love incorporating seasonal food into my families diet, the food is the freshest which in my opinion makes it the best. So this spring in order to incorporate some fun fresh spring vegetables I thought it would be fun to make a sheet pan dinner! Sheet Pan Chicken with Spring Vegetables is full of crispy chicken thighs, asparagus, fennel, and baby red potatoes, and seasoned with lemon and parsley. This sheet pan meal is truly an easy knock it out of the park dinner.
In a small bowl make the marinade, mix together zest & juice of the lemon, olive oil, parsley flakes, fennel leaves, and salt & pepper to taste. Then prep the veggies, trim the ends off the asparagus, and quarter cut the fennel and potatoes. In a large bowl or large ziplock bag add the chicken thighs, fennel, potatoes, and asparagus. Add the marinade to the bowl/bag and mix together. Marinate for at least 20 minutes or up to a day. It is then as simple as dumping the chicken and vegetables on to a sheet pan, and spreading to a single layer. It is then baked for 35-40 minutes, winner winner chicken dinner! Enjoy!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- Fennel can also be known as Anise depending on where you live, at my grocery store it is labeled as Anise. It can also be seasonal so sometimes during the year you might have trouble finding it.
- If you are in the market for some awesome sheet pans I highly recommend Nordic Ware, I have three of their half sheet pans and they are amazing. Plus they are made in the USA (Minnesota to be exact, before Matt & I moved and got married his apartment was just down the road from their factory!)
Sheet Pan Chicken with Spring Vegetables
roast chicken thighs with fresh spring produce like asparagus, fennel, and potatoes
- 1 lemon (zest & juice)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup packed fennel leaves
- salt & pepper
- 4-5 chicken thighs
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- fennel bulb, cut into quarters
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, cut in quarters
- In a small bowl make the marinade, mix together zest & juice of the lemon, olive oil, parsley flakes, fennel leaves, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Into a large bowl or large ziplock bag add the chicken thighs, fennel, potatoes, and asparagus. Add the marinade to the bowl/bag, mix together. Cover/close and let marinate for at least 20 minutes or up to a day.
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Dump chicken and vegetables on to a sheet pan, spread to a single layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until chicken has an internal temperature of 180º. Then for optional crispiness, turn the oven to broil for 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately, enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 579Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 208mgSodium: 378mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 41g
Nutritional data is automated, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
If you enjoyed this Recipe or any of my others let me know by using #theschmidtywife on social media!
And make sure you are following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for all the latest recipes!
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
P.S. Looking for more Sheet Pan meals beyond Sheet Pan Chicken with Spring Vegetables? Check out Sheet Pan Winter Chicken Dinner or Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken with Veggies.
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.
Leave a Reply