Yes this is my second smoothie recipe in a row BUT this is the time of year for smoothies. Also it is the time of year for citrus so obviously I had to make some kind of citrus smoothie! To me and probably many others that live in the north citrus is a saving grace during the middle of winter, a little ray of sunshine if you will. So behold the Orange Ginger Sunshine Smoothie.
Made up of oranges, banana, ginger, turmeric, coconut milk, and a touch of honey for sweetness. All blended together with ice, its almost like a tropical beverage! I like to drink this Orange Ginger Sunshine Smoothie through a fancy umbrella straw as it is snowing outside, I close my eyes and pretend I am somewhere sunny 😉
TIPS & TRICKS:
• I recommend using the small mandarin oranges, aka “halos” the seedless easy to peel oranges that make making this smoothie a ton easier due to them being easy to peel and minimal pith (white stuff)
• Adding turmeric is optional, I like to add it for a little boost of flavor, health, and color but the smoothie is just as good without it
• To make a little healthier use light or low fat unsweetened coconut milk (or other milk of your choice)
• You can replace the ice cubes with a frozen banana for a less watery smoothie
- 2 small oranges, peeled clean
- 1 banana
- 1 inch peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk*
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
*use light or low fat coconut milk to lighten up the fat and calories
Nutritional data is automated, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 449.29 Total Fat: 24.83g Saturated Fat: 21.56g Sodium: 18.08mg Carbohydrates: 60.65g Fiber: 7.93g Sugar: 38.16g Protein: 5.64g
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.