Smoothies can be such a fun snack, including this Strawberry Chocolate Sweetheart Smoothie! With Valentine’s Day around the corner my eyes are on all of the chocolate treats at the store so to avoid the extra sugary treats I break out this smoothie.
What pairs better than chocolate and strawberries? Not much! So why not blend it into a delicious smoothie 🙂 With plenty of strawberries and chocolate this smoothie is made complete with a banana, honey, and milk.
Now I like this smoothie on the thicker side because it reminds me more of a chocolate milkshake than a fruit smoothie so I only use 1/2 cup of milk, if you want your smoothie a little thiner and more milk or ice. Either way it is a delectable smoothie to share with your sweetheart this upcoming Valentine’s Day.
TIPS & TRICKS:
• Frozen strawberries are the key to keeping a nice consistency in this smoothie plus I find they are a better buy during the winter months but it is fun to buy fresh strawberries to garnish the smoothie if you prefer
• Wanting to make cute little strawberry cutouts? Carefully slice the strawberries thin, using the center slices (the pointer the tip the better) very carefully carve a heart shape into the top to form a heart. Fill the glass up halfway with the smoothie, with the bottom of the strawberry resting on the smoothie stick the strawberry heart to the side of the glass. Once all of your strawberries are stuck in place carefully fill up the glass the rest of the way with the smoothie.
• If you are feeling really naughty this Valentine’s Day add some chocolate chips to the top of your Strawberry Chocolate Sweetheart Smoothie 😉
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 banana*
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup milk (I use cow's milk but any type should work)
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
*a fresh banana works well here, a frozen banana will give your smoothie more of a 'nice cream' consistency (which is amazing if you are looking for a delicious dessert, just add a tad more milk). Also, you may also use fresh strawberries but you will need to add a handful of ice cubes and it will change the consistency slightly.
Nutritional data is automated, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284.74Total Fat: 5.25gSaturated Fat: 2.85gSodium: 58.29mgCarbohydrates: 60.64gFiber: 8.15gSugar: 38.8gProtein: 6.84g
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.