A twist on a traditional mule, this Apple Cider Moscow Mule is a fun fall cocktail! The perfect drink for sitting around a campfire, Halloween, and even Thanksgiving!
This post may contain Affiliate Links.
Fall Cocktail: Apple Cider Moscow Mule
A classic Moscow Mule is hard not to love. With vodka, lime, and ginger beer it is a hit with almost everyone I know!
So I made this crowd pleasing cocktail into a fall version!
The apple cider goes so well into a mule, adding in a note of sweetness without being overpowering.
So perfect for sitting around a campfire with friends in my opinion!
- Vodka – Vodka is a great alcohol to serve to a crowd, since it generally has a neutral flavor! I typically buy Tito’s but in this drink you can really use whatever vodka you have on hand.
- Apple Cider – Make sure this is Apple Cider and not Apple Juice. Apple cider is typically found in the refrigerated section opposed to apple juice found in the juice aisle.
- Lime Juice – I thought doing without the lime made this drink to sweet and not ‘mule’ enough tasting, so you will need fresh limes. About 1 medium sized lime typically will produce about 1 ounce of lime juice.
- Ginger Beer – Ginger beers can range a lot brand to brand of fizziness and sweetness. I typically like to use Fever Tree Ginger Beer for cocktails. I also happen to like Fever Tree because the bottles are smaller which means you can make 1 or 2 drinks and not feel like you are wasting a bunch of Ginger Beer.
- Rosemary Sprig – I thought this cocktail was awesome by changing the garnish to something a little less assuming than a cinnamon stick, the rosemary garnished does wonders. It adds just a hint of herb without really being in the cocktail.
- Apple Slices – Not technically needed in the drink a few apple slices are fun garnishes to add to the drink!
For a complete detailed list of the ingredients continue towards the bottom of the page.
Fill a copper mug with ice, if you don’t have a copper mug no worries just use whatever glass you’d like.
Add the vodka, apple cider, lime juice, and ginger beer to the mug. Stir to mix. Garnish with the rosemary spring and a slice of apple.
tips, tricks and questions
What do you drink Moscow Mules out of?
Traditionally Moscow Mules are drank out of copper mugs. If you don’t have copper mugs that is totally okay, use a collins glass or a whiskey glass in its place.
I like cinnamon, can I garnish with a cinnamon stick instead?
Absolutely! If you love cinnamon you should definitely add a cinnamon stick!
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces apple cider
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- 1 rosemary sprig
- apple slice for garnish
- Fill a copper mug with ice, if you don't have a copper mug no worries just use whatever glass you'd like.
- Add the vodka, apple cider, lime juice, and ginger beer to the mug. Stir to mix. Garnish with the rosemary spring and a slice of apple.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 0g
Nutritional data is automated and might not be 100% accurate, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.