Chicken breasts stuffed with caprese salad and grilled for the ultimate summer dinner! An easy grilled dinner made with simple ingredients like chicken, tomato, mozzarella, and basil.
Links may be affiliate links.
For a quick easy summer meal this one is a winner. I am always searching for ways to make a chicken breast more exciting because lets face it chicken breasts can get crazy boring really fast, one of the best ways I have found to spice things up is to stuff them. Searching for summer flavors to stuff my chicken breasts with I naturally landed on the forever tasty caprese salad. Fresh tomato, flavorful basil plucked straight from your herb garden, and gooey mozzarella topped with a balsamic vinegar reduction and olive oil, can you say yum?
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tomato
- 16-20 basil leaves
- 4oz fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 water
- olive oil for coating and drizzling
- Add balsamic vinegar and water to a small sauce pan over high heat. Heat on high until boiling then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer 20-25 minutes until reduced and thickened while chicken is cooking.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Prep your ingredients, slice your tomato, if your mozzarella isn't pre sliced slice into 1 oz sections, and wash your basil.
- Using a sharp knife carefully cut a pocket into the side center of the chicken breasts being careful to not poke any holes.
- In each chicken breast stuff in 1 tomato slice, 1oz of mozzarella, and 4-6 basil leaves. Use 2-3 toothpicks to close the open seam.
- Drizzle chicken breast with a light coating of olive oil to prevent from sticking to the grill. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook stuffed chicken over direct heat for 10 minutes on each side, 20 minutes total until the inner temperature has reached 165º F and the juices run clear.
- Remove from grill and let sit for 5 minutes.
- To serve drizzle balsamic vinegar reduction and olive oil over the stuffed chicken. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 stuffed chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 43g
Nutritional data is automated, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for weekly emails full of tasty recipes!
If you enjoyed this recipe or any of my others let me know by using #theschmidtywife on social media!
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife