Today I am sharing with you my recipe for Teriyaki Sauce. I love Teriyaki Sauce because it can be so versatile in the kitchen, it works perfect as a marinade, for a stir fry, for chicken wings, and much more. My favorite thing to do with Teriyaki Sauce is make chicken wings, I like to get the wings all grilled and crunchy and then toss them in the sauce, so yummy! One of the best qualities about Teriyaki Sauce is that it is so freaking easy to make at home. All you have to do is throw all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer them together, it puts that store bought stuff to shame!
So lets get down to how easy this sauce actually is. You start by adding all of the ingredients except cornstarch to a small saucepan and stirring in 1 cup of water. So simple! Over medium-high heat bring the saucepan to boil. Then you reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. To finish off, in a small bowl mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water to create a paste (this prevents the cornstarch from clumping). Slowly stir the cornstarch paste into the saucepan. Let the sauce simmer for another 5 minutes or until preferred consistency. I like to get mine a little thicker if I am putting it on chicken wings, but for everyday use I like a medium consistency, not to runny but not sticky.
The Teriyaki Sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, making it a perfect staple for when you want to make a quick stir fry or add a little pizzaz to your dinner. So ditch the store bought and whip up some delicious homemade Teriyaki Sauce.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Add all ingredients except cornstarch to a small saucepan. Stir in 1 cup of water.
- Over medium-high heat bring saucepan to boil. Reduce to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water to create a paste. Slowly stir the cornstarch paste into the saucepan.
- Let sauce simmer for another 5 minutes or until preferred consistency.
- Remove for heat and let cool. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1755mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
If you enjoyed this recipe or any of my others let me know by using #theschmidtywife on social media!
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.