This Blender Enchilada Sauce recipe is a super easy and versatile enchilada sauce made in the blender. Perfect for tacos, soups, enchiladas, and more!
I have been sooo behind on my blog posts, sorry! The funny thing is I have recipes all ready to share but technology bites a big one and crapped out on me. I am currently typing this post on my iPhone (so I guess thanks technology) while I await a new laptop charger to be delivered so I can edit and upload my pictures for you. So once I have my pictures ready you will finally see this recipe for Blender Enchilada Sauce!
So enchiladas are a great family dinner option, easy to make and delicious! My biggest beef with enchiladas are actually the store bought sauce, it’s basically tomato purée, sugar, and other random chemicals. Well I thought to myself this sauce seems simple enough to make at home without all the random chemicals. And yep I was right. A handful of ingredients and a blender makes delicious Blender Enchilada Sauce in under 5 minutes. Whoop whoop!
So my beef with enchiladas has been solved. Along with this Blender Enchilada Sauce I have been working on a Leftover Chicken Enchilada recipe that I’ll be sharing next (
I’ll put the link up once it’s published link is below in tips & tricks). Together these recipes are unstoppable! But seriously, from scratch enchiladas are so good and now with Blender Enchilada Sauce they are so much easier to make for dinner!
TIPS & TRICKS:
• The best part about making your own enchilada sauce is you can change up the spice level to suite your tastes, add more spices like a jalapeño if you like it hot or keep it how it is if you like it mild
• This does make quite a bit of sauce probably enough to make a couple meals
- 1 can 28 ounces peeled tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup water
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender (or food processor). Blend until smooth, taste test to see if you would like to add any additional spices. Use immediately or keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 35Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Nutritional data is automated, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.