Five simple ingredients plus some leftover shredded chicken is all you need to make these simple Leftover Chicken Enchiladas.
Two things I am really excited about, first these Leftover Chicken Enchiladas. I wrote a post for my Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken a while ago about how I love turing a crockpot chicken into multiple meals for the week and I thought I would put my money where my mouth is and give you a great example of how I use my leftover chicken. So here it is! Second, I am testing out an upgraded recipe card that gives you (drumroll please) Nutritional Information!!
So let’s talk nutrition information first, I am so excited to make this part of The Schmidty Wife. Part of what I like to do with *most* of my recipes is make them healthy/lighter so sharing nutritional information is something that I am super excited about. I hope that this info can help you and your family make heathy decisions 😀 YAY!
So back to Leftover Chicken Enchiladas, like I mentioned before I love making a whole chicken to use for my meals throughout the week. Heathy protein ready to make into an easy fast meal, how perfect right?! These enchiladas are the perfect example of how I make that happen. Some shredded chicken, some diced up veggies, cheese, enchilada sauce, and tortillas boom dinner is ready.
TIPS & TRICKS:
• Need some leftover chicken? Make a Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken
• You can use store bought enchilada sauce but I recommend making a batch of my Blender Enchilada Sauce
• Feel free to go overboard on the sauce and the cheese because lets face it enchiladas are better with more sauce and cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese, colby jack or a mexican blend
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Lightly grease an 8x12 inch casserole dish.
- In a large bowl add the chicken, pepper, onion, 1/4 cup of the cheese, and 3/4 cup of the enchilada sauce. Mix to combine.
- Use a heaping 1/4 cup measuring spoon to scoop the chicken mixture into a tortilla. Tightly roll the tortilla up and lay seem side down in the casserole dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce evenly over the tortillas. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melty and the tortillas are starting to crisp.
- Serve immediately with optional garnishes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 591 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 83mg Sodium: 736mg Carbohydrates: 59g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Protein: 30g
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.