Today I am sharing Marinated Chickpea Chopped Salad with you, finally! I have been making this salad for my family for a couple years now and never thought to share it with you until now apparently.
This salad is perfect as a full meal on a hot day when you don’t really feel like cooking or an easy perfect side dish that would pretty much go with everything. I personally think it is perfect with grilled chicken.
And it couldn’t be easier to make. A simple dressing is made with red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, thyme, and mustard. Then chickpeas, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, salami, and feta are tossed in the dressing and set in the fridge to marinate.
Once marinated the mixture is then tossed with romaine and it is ready to serve.
So whether you are looking for an easy summer dinner or a delicious side salad, this Marinated Chickpea Chopped Salad is sure to delight you and your family!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- This salad is perfect for a picnic, just keep the lettuce & marinated mixture separate until its time to eat
- If you don’t plan on eating the whole salad and want to save some of it for later, only mix half of the lettuce and half marinated mixture together, and save the rest to toss together for later
- Shop the ingredients:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 15 ounces can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 6-7 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, quarter cut
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces diced hard salami
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 romaine hearts
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, thyme, and mustard to form a dressing.
- Add the chickpeas, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, salami, and feta to the bowl. Toss to coat.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate to marinate for at least 20-30 minutes but as long as a few hours (I have even been known to let it sit overnight).
- Before serving, thinly chop the romaine hearts and add to the bowl. Toss and serve.
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
P.S. Looking for more salads? Check out my Two Bean Mediterranean Salad or my Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Strawberries, Apple, & Bacon
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.