Sheet Pan Cranberry Chicken Sausage is a flavorful and healthy fall dinner with aromas of cranberries, apples, and cinnamon. Easy to make on a single sheet pan, this dinner is all about minimum prep and maximum flavor!
I love sheet pan meals, they are so easy to make, easy to clean up, and generally quick. Well this fall season I have developed this recipe that is the trifecta of easy to make, easy to clean, and quick. Sheet Pan Cranberry Chicken Sausage, it takes only minutes to throw together, one sheet pan to clean, and ready in half an hour this is a real dinner winner.
To be completely fair I got this idea for this meal from my mother. She had been talking about how Aldi makes a really delicious cranberry chicken sausage and how she had been roasting it on a sheet pan with veggies for dinner for her and my father. Well me and my green eyes of jealousy do not live near an Aldi… boo! (P.S. If someone at Aldi is reading this please come to the New Hampshire Seacoast, thanks).
So even though I can’t get my hands on some Aldi cranberry chicken sausage I can get my favorite brand of chicken sausage in a delicious apple flavor. I love using Al Fresco All Natural Chicken Sausages, I can actually read and understand every ingredient they put in to them, which makes me very happy (This is not an ad I am just a huge fan). For this recipe I use the Sweet Apple variety, so good!
So to go along with either variety of these chicken sausages I decided to go with a colorful rainbow of fall flavored classics. I went with diced sweet potatoes, cranberries, apples, and onions. The sweetness of the apples and sweet potatoes contrast the onion and cranberries perfectly. And because all of these fruits and vegetables are so flavorful on their own I opted on letting those flavors shine and minimal seasoning. So a dash of olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little cinnamon is all I use.
All roasted together this meal comes together fast with minimal work. Sheet Pan Cranberry Chicken Sausage, a fall family favorite that you are sure to enjoy!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- You can really use any chicken sausage for this meal but I recommend either Al Fresco’s Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage or Aldi seasonally has a ‘Never Any’ Cranberry Chicken Sausage (this might be hard to find year round)
- I like to serve this with a side of rice to add a grain to our meal
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & diced small*
- 6 ounces fresh cranberries (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced in wedges
- 1 pack sweet apple or cranberry flavored chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, pepper, & cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Add the sweet potatoes, cranberries, apple, onion, and sausages to the sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, & cinnamon (a little cinnamon goes a long way here). Toss everything together.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender. Serve immediately.
*I usually aim to make the sweet potato pieces about the size of a cranberry
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 9gSugar: 24gProtein: 7g
If you enjoyed this Sheet Pan Cranberry Chicken Sausage Recipe or any of my others let me know by using #theschmidtywife on social media!
And make sure you are following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for all the latest recipes!
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
P.S. Looking for more sheet pan recipes? Check out my Sheet Pan Balsamic Chicken with Veggies or my One Pan Fall Harvest Chicken Dinner.
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.