Easy Grilled Skillet Chicken Fajitas for an easy weeknight dinner! Juicy chicken and flavor packed peppers are ready to eat in just 20 minutes!
This post may contain Affiliate Links.
We are all always searching for the perfect weeknight meal right? Well have I got a recipe for you. Easy skillet chicken fajitas, juicy chicken and flavor packed peppers ready to eat in 20 minutes. This meal is as simple as cutting up your veggies and chicken (you could even buy these things precut, I won’t tell on you), spicing your ingredients (check out my fajita seasoning here), and cooking them all up in your skillet. Once all cooked enjoy your fajitas piled high in warm tortillas, top with fresh squeezed lime juice, cilantro, avocado, and sour cream. Winner winner chicken dinner!
P.S. If it is nice outside, grab your cast iron pan and make these fajitas on the grill, they are sooo good 🙂
- 1 lbs chicken breast
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, and orange)
- 1/2 large red onion
- 2 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil (coconut)
- 12 fajita sized tortillas
- sour cream/plain greek yogurt
- Cut peppers and onion into thin strips. Add 1 tablespoon of fajita seasoning to the peppers and onions, mix to coat.
- Cut chicken into thin strips. Add 1 tablespoon of fajita seasoning to the chicken, mix to coat.
- Heat skillet to medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil. Once oil is hot add chicken to skillet.
- Cook chicken 3-5 minutes, stirring once or twice until the outside of the chicken is no longer visibly pink.
- Add peppers and onion to the skillet, mix together with the chicken. Cook 5-7 minutes until peppers have become just soft and chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- While chicken is cooking, heat the tortillas according to packaging and prepare any toppings you might use. When fajitas are done cooking assemble in tortillas and add toppings. Enjoy!
Nutritional data is automated, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 3 tacos
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 816mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 34g
If you enjoyed this recipe or any of my others let me know by using #theschmidtywife on social media!
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for weekly recipes straight to your inbox!