A great appetizer dip for sharing this Whipped Feta Dip with Garlicky Honey is sure to impress at a party! A soft and creamy base of salty whipped feta topped with an easy to make garlicky honey is absolutely delicious!
This post may contain Affiliate Links.
Whipped Feta and Honey
Everyone loves a good dip, and this Whipped Feta Dip with Garlicky Honey will be no exception.
I tasted tested a bunch of appetizers out on a group of friends and this one was the winner of the bunch!
I mean what isn’t to love about a fluffy feta dip topped with garlicky spicy honey?!
Plus this dip can be prepped ahead of time and put together when it is time to eat, perfect for and party or get together!
- Olive Oil – The olive oil in this dish will be used most for taste and texture and will not be cooked so it is best to use a good tasting olive oil here, you don’t want anything rancid going into the dip! I like to use California Olive Ranch 100% California Olive Oil, not an ad just a big fan.
- Feta Cheese – The star of the dish! For this recipe I found it easiest to but it buy the block if that is available. If not crumbled feta will certainly work well!
- Cream Cheese – Cream cheese is used to help mellow out the flavor but also give this dip a really lush creaminess. I like to use regular cream cheese but you can certainly substitute for a lower fat content cream cheese.
- Lemon – Use a fresh lemon! Of course it is dependent on the size but you will probably use about 1 full lemon.
- Garlic – Like A LOT! For a recipe this size using 5 cloves is pretty bold but it totally makes the dip. I kept thinking when I got done mincing it that maybe it would be too much but it never was!
- Honey – We are turning this honey garlicky and slightly spicy with by adding the garlic and red pepper flakes. It balances out so well and makes the perfect topping for the salty whipped feta cheese.
- Red Pepper Flakes – With the red pepper flakes you can make this dip spicier (or even less spicy I suppose if you wanted to leave them out). As written the red pepper flakes aren’t too pronounced it is a slight spiciness and flavor (which passed the okay of my friends who aren’t spicy people), it is meant to compliment the garlic and not over power. If you love the idea of it being spicier you can double the amount of red pepper flakes!
- Pistachios – Pistachios are a great garnish for the top, they give a little crunch for texture.
- Parsley – A little parsley for garnishing as well, not only a little pop of color but freshness as well to add to the top.
For a complete detailed list of the ingredients continue towards the bottom of the page.
I think this is best served with little toasts! Use an artisanal bread like sourdough. Cut this bread into slices, lightly grease with olive oil, and place in a 450º oven for about 10 minutes, but this will vary with what kind of bread you use so check on the bread every 3 minutes or so. Once cool enough to handle cut the toast into serving pieces to serve along side the dip.
Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add or spray a small amount of cooking oil into the saucepan. Add the minced garlic and sauté about 2 minutes to soften the garlic but be careful to make sure that none of it gets brown.
Add in the red pepper flakes and cook with the garlic about 30 seconds to release the aromas. Add in the honey. Stir everything together and remove from the heat before it starts to get to bubbly. Set aside and let the garlic honey mixture rest and cool down while you make the whipped feta.
Add the olive oil, feta, cream cheese, and lemon juice to a food processor. Blend together until smooth about 1 minute.
Transfer the whipped feta to a serving platter, making indentations with the back of spoon in the center as a place for the honey to pool.
Slowly drizzle the garlic honey over the whipped feta. Top with the chopped pistachios and parsley. Serve with toasted bread or crackers.
tips, tricks and questions
Ideas for Serving:
- Pita Bread
To prep this dip ahead of time you will want to make the three different parts, store them separately, and then put together when it is time to eat.
Make the honey with garlic and red pepper flakes. Cool down and store in an airtight container on the counter. Since it is honey you should be able to keep this on the counter for as long as you need.
Make the whipped feta dip. Make the dip and store in the fridge. For serving this dip is best at room temperature so make sure you take it out 30 to 60 minutes before you plan on serving.
Prep the pistachios and parsley. For quick garnishing when you are ready to serve have the pistachios and parsley chopped and in a little container.
How long will whipped feta last in the fridge?
If stored properly with an airtight container this dip should last about 5 days in the fridge. I will note that if you are storing leftovers with the honey overtop the whipped feta after sitting for a while the parts where the honey is on the dip might get watery (which is why if you are prepping ahead they need to be kept separate).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces feta cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 2 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add or spray a small amount of cooking oil into the saucepan. Add the minced garlic and sauté 2 minutes to soften the garlic but be careful to make sure that none of it gets brown.
- Add in the red pepper flakes and cook with the garlic about 30 seconds to release the aromas. Add in the honey. Stir everything together and remove from the heat before the honey starts to bubble up. Let the garlic honey mixture rest and cool down while you make the whipped feta.
- Add the olive oil, feta, cream cheese, and lemon juice to a food processor. Blend together until smooth about 1 minute.
- Transfer the whipped feta to a serving platter, making indentations in the center as a place for the honey to pool.
- Slowly drizzle the garlic honey over the whipped feta. Top with the chopped pistachios and parsely. Serve with toasted bread or crackers.
Serving Size:2 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g
Nutritional data is automated and might not be 100% accurate, final nutritional information will depend on ingredients used and any changes made.