We have pizza at our house usually once a week, never take out because homemade pizza is so dang good. One of the elements of homemade pizza that can be so over complicated is the sauce. For a long time I worked on trying to perfect a pizza sauce by slaving over the stove, spending an hour trying to simmer a perfect sauce and for so many reasons this didn’t work.
First and foremost I don’t want to spend an hour making pizza sauce, second reason even though I would spend an hour making sauce I still was never crazy about it on my pizza. So I took a big step back and took my sauce in a different direction, simple.
Once I went simple, I never went back. 5 minute pizza sauce has made pizza night so much better at our house. It is as simple as mixing all of the ingredients in a bowl and you are ready to make your pizza. Voila, pizza here we come.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- As easy as this recipe is, customize it to your taste, I like to add a little extra black pepper sometimes for an extra kick or some dried basil for a little added sweetness
- It might be tempting to skip the sugar but don’t, it really takes away the bitter bite from the tomatoes
- For the best homemade pizza invest in a pizza stone, they make pizza night at home about 110% better
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- optional pinch of red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients.
- Use immediately or keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Makes enough sauce for about 2 large pizzas.
Peace & Love
Lauren, The Schmidty Wife
Please note that my links above may be affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. I recommend them because they are helpful, and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products.